Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Enhanced System Tester Questions

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Jablonski" <jojab@xxxx> wrote:
> There is a work around for this.  If you don't have online data but are working from files saved on your hard drive, simply open up a daily chart and change it to weekly.  Open the Downloader.  Then cut and paste that weekly data into a new security in weekly format from the MS chart into the Downloader.  Save it and then run your system test on that (probably best doing it to a separate folder called "weekly").  If you are doing a lot of securities this can be a hassle but until they get this fixed, at least this will work.
>
> Good Trading,
>
> Joe J.

Joe:

Ok, I got that much finally figured out (the User manual and the Downloader manual contain about 670 pages total, but they sure gloss over some of the key items!). That led me to a key problem, which I probably would not have recognized if the button you originally described worked on this version.

What I am using in this particular analysis is Mutual Fund data. Mutual Funds report data only once/day, so Metastock's incoming price data setup has three columns: high, low, and close. All three columns contain the same data. But when you go to weekly or monthly data, then "open" has some significance, as it is the price on the first day of the week, or the first day of the month. But when I open a fund's chart in Metastock, and select the "weekly" data from the button on the lower right of the chart window, and then do a Copy, only the same three columns used in the daily data are there. I can't determine how to get Metastock to add an Open column for the weekly/monthly calculations. Can you help here?

This isn't the only item I have had trouble sorting out. Metastock sure doesn't seem to make it easy to use this program!

And on a very minor note, I see that your (and others) responses in this forum are in a smaller font, and blue color. All of mine are in black, and a larger font. How do I set this?

Thanks for your help

Harry