RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Enhanced System Tester Questions

There
is a work around for this.  If you don't have online data but are working
from files saved on your hard drive, simply open up a daily chart and
change it to weekly.  Open the Downloader.  Then cut and paste that
weekly data into a new security in weekly format from the MS chart into the
Downloader.  Save it and then run your system test on that (probably best
doing it to a separate folder called "weekly").  If you are doing a lot of
securities this can be a hassle but until they get this fixed, at least this
will work.
<SPAN
class=612030803-06022003>
Good
Trading,
<SPAN
class=612030803-06022003>
Joe
J.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: gosuth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  [mailto:gosuth@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 4:47
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Enhanced System Tester Questions
  <SPAN
  class=377094323-05022003>Harry,
  <SPAN
  class=377094323-05022003>
  So
  far as yuor query about weekly simulations using the Enhanced System Tester, I
  run Metastock EOD Version 8 and unless you use an online database the program
  only runs daily simulations! Metastock 8 Pro I believe works in weekly mode
  (but I am not absolutely sure of this).
  <SPAN
  class=377094323-05022003>
  received a response from Equis Support early January 2003 and they said to
  watch out for an Update Release for Version 8 in February 2003 and that fixing
  this lack of weekly capability in System Testing for EOD Version is "top of
  the priority list". Fingers Crossed....

  <FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
  size=5>Regards,
  <FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
  size=5>
  Gordon
  Sutherland

    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff