RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Enhanced System Tester Questions

<SPAN
class=988234106-06022003>Harry/Joe J
<SPAN
class=988234106-06022003>
I am
based downunder in New Zealand which means I use the d/MM/yyyy date inversion.
This means that Joe J's excellent suggestion for a work around doesn't work for
me.
<SPAN
class=988234106-06022003>
Whilst
I have been using Metastock for many years and am therefore comfortable finding
my way round the basic features I guess we must accept that every program has
its strong points and its weak points. I find AIQ excellent for System Testing
(daily or weekly) because it gives me a summary report for my tested universe of
stocks which Metastock Version 8 doesn't do very well, although I consider
Version 8 a vast improvement over previous versions so far as System Testing is
concerned - weekly testing excepted!

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: bex1210
  <hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [mailto:hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent:
  Thursday, 6 February 2003 7:06 p.m.To:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group]
  Enhanced System Tester QuestionsGordon:I hope
  it is a "priority" fix. It will be a pain to do many of the the workarounds
  that Joe suggested.I must admit that so far I find Metastock to be
  very confusing to use efficiently. Lots of capabilities, but very disjointed.
  Operations that took one step (and often could be automated) in my 5 year old
  Windows on Wallstreet, seem to take 5 or six manual steps in Metastock. Maybe
  the methods are buried in the manual somewhere, but I haven't found them
  yet!Harry>  > So far as yuor query about weekly
  simulations using the Enhanced System> Tester, I run Metastock EOD
  Version 8 and unless you use an online> database the program only runs
  daily simulations! Metastock 8 Pro I> believe works in weekly mode (but
  I am not absolutely sure of this).>  > I received a
  response from Equis Support early January 2003 and they> said to watch
  out for an Update Release for Version 8 in February 2003> and that
  fixing this lack of weekly capability in System Testing for EOD>
  Version is "top of the priority list". Fingers Crossed....>
  > Regards,>  > Gordon Sutherland> >
  -----Original Message-----> From: bex1210 <hmw3@xxxx>
  [mailto:hmw3@xxxx] > Sent: Thursday, 6 February 2003 10:47 a.m.>
  To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group]
  Enhanced System Tester Questions> > > I just purchased
  Metastock 8. I have never used any previous versions> of Metastock, but
  I have used software from some of their> competitors. My operating
  system is Windows 98SE.> > I have two questions regarding the
  Enhanced System Tester. I cannot> find answers in the manual, or the
  help screens. I am certainly in> the "learning" mode, so I may have
  missed the answers somewhere.> > 1. Periodicity--When I use the
  Explorer (Explorer->Edit->Option), I> can select the desired
  periodicity for the securities in the> exploration.  According to
  the Help screen, the security data will be> compressed (if necessary)
  to match the selection.  For example, daily> security files can be
  compressed to weekly or monthly. (All of my> data is collected
  daily.)> > I have a SYSTEM that I want to test which uses weekly
  data. But I> cannot find any place where the Periodicity is set for
  System> testing. It APPEARS that all Systems are tested using
  daily> periodicity, but I can't be sure.> > Is there some
  way that I can set the periodicity for either a> specific System being
  tested, or for all systems tested in a session?> > 2. Sort
  Order--When I run a System Test to evaluate multiple systems> AND
  multiple securities, the Test View screen lists the performance> of all
  systems tested, and if I then select one of those systems,> then the
  performance of each of the securities using the selected> system is
  displayed.> > I would like to reverse this. I want the View
  screen to list all of> the securities tested, and when I select one of
  these securities,> then the performance of each of the systems using
  the selected> security is displayed.> > Can I do this,
  and if so, how?> > Thanks in advance for your support.>
  > Harry> > > > Yahoo! Groups
  Sponsor      > >
  ADVERTISEMENT>  > <<A
  href="">http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2784922.4151385.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=1705>
  375617:HM/A=1377500/R=0/*<A
  href="">http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=b31540>
  113206004000>       >  > <<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243066.2784922.4151385.1927555/D=egrou>
  pmail/S=:HM/A=1377500/rand=681811618>
  > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>
  equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > >
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service>
  <<A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.