RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Enhanced System Tester Questions

<SPAN
class=377094323-05022003>Harry,
<SPAN
class=377094323-05022003>
So far
as yuor query about weekly simulations using the Enhanced System Tester, I run
Metastock EOD Version 8 and unless you use an online database the program only
runs daily simulations! Metastock 8 Pro I believe works in weekly mode (but I am
not absolutely sure of this).
<SPAN
class=377094323-05022003>
received a response from Equis Support early January 2003 and they said to watch
out for an Update Release for Version 8 in February 2003 and that fixing this
lack of weekly capability in System Testing for EOD Version is "top of the
priority list". Fingers Crossed....

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: bex1210
  <hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [mailto:hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent:
  Thursday, 6 February 2003 10:47 a.m.To:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [EquisMetaStock Group]
  Enhanced System Tester QuestionsI just purchased
  Metastock 8. I have never used any previous versionsof Metastock, but I
  have used software from some of theircompetitors. My operating system is
  Windows 98SE.I have two questions regarding the Enhanced System
  Tester. I cannotfind answers in the manual, or the help screens. I am
  certainly inthe "learning" mode, so I may have missed the answers
  somewhere.1. Periodicity--When I use the Explorer
  (Explorer->Edit->Option), Ican select the desired periodicity for
  the securities in theexploration.  According to the Help screen, the
  security data will becompressed (if necessary) to match the
  selection.  For example, dailysecurity files can be compressed to
  weekly or monthly. (All of mydata is collected daily.)I have a
  SYSTEM that I want to test which uses weekly data. But Icannot find any
  place where the Periodicity is set for Systemtesting. It APPEARS that all
  Systems are tested using dailyperiodicity, but I can't be sure.Is
  there some way that I can set the periodicity for either aspecific System
  being tested, or for all systems tested in a session?2. Sort
  Order--When I run a System Test to evaluate multiple systemsAND multiple
  securities, the Test View screen lists the performanceof all systems
  tested, and if I then select one of those systems,then the performance of
  each of the securities using the selectedsystem is displayed.I
  would like to reverse this. I want the View screen to list all ofthe
  securities tested, and when I select one of these securities,then the
  performance of each of the systems using the selectedsecurity is
  displayed.Can I do this, and if so, how?Thanks in advance for
  your support.HarryTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor