Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] correct method of calculating RSI

The problem arose originally when I tried to program RSI in Visual Basic.I
used MS to check other indicators I had programmed and could
get an agreement. With RSI I always got a disagreement. When I checked the
values in Bourse, I got the correct values. I show this in the 2 gifs I
included. Bourse gives the correct value on the target day but MS gives a
higher value.
I can reproduce this in VB and in a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet shows the
difference.
Wilder in his book says the value is calculated by adding ups or downs.
If you perform the calculation on a day where there is no change, you get
the value calculated by MS. If you simply use the previous day's value and
do nothing on a day with no change, you get the values calculated by Bourse.
I would like to use these latter values in MS so need a plugin that
calculates RSI differently to the builtin method in MS, even if it is
"incorrect" as for the use I want, it gives me what I want.