Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] correct method of calculating RSI

Mike

Here is how the MS RSI is calculated,

  {RSI Indicator}
A:=Input("RSI periods",2,50,10);
B:=CLOSE; {RSI target array}
U:=Wilders(If(B>Ref(B,-1),B-Ref(B,-1),0),A);
D:=Wilders(If(B<Ref(B,-1),Ref(B,-1)-B,0),A);
100-(100/(1+(U/D)));

and here is Wilders Smoothing, with first bar seeding added for greater
initial accuracy.

  {Wilders Smoothing}