[Metastockusers] CD check on MS 8.0 EOD

A resaler of MS 8.0 got this information from Equis :

PLEASE READ!!!!

          A new complication with MetaStock 8.0 has come to our
attention. There is a problem with the CD verification on all end-of-day
copies (not Pro) that have been sent out. After your customers use the
product for 90 days, they will get a message to re-insert their CD (same
as we had in past versions).
          End of day users will find that the system will not recognize
their CD. Please tell CUSTOMERS, when
          they call, to follow these steps:
          1- Click on the 'lost key' button (the system will then show a
verification key)
          2- Copy and paste the verification key in an email to
support@xxxxxxxxx
          3- Type in your customer number or list the reseller (company
name) that they purchased the MetaStock from in the email (the later
option is for International customers only - I have sent a list of all
active International dealers to our support department, so they can
verify the dealer's company name listed in the email, with their list of
dealers) .
          4- Support will email customer a key.
          5- Enter the key into the system, and MetaStock will run
smooth again. There will be nothing else that needs to be done.

... if all works well !  2 weeks ago, I called Equis at Salt Lake City
for that. After half an hour with customers support, MS endly accepted
the key after editing Windows register.

Pierre