[Metastockusers] Re: RS Ranking

Roy,

Thanks for the info.   Could you give an example on how to set up an
actual exploration using this P variable?  I don't have the manual
right now, but I'll check again when I get home.

I'm already using the P variable in setting up an indicator, namely
a "A/B" indicator defined as DIV(C, P).  The way I use this indicator
is to open both A and B in the same chart and drag my indicator on top
of B and it would give me a plot of their price ratio.  However, I
don't know how to use this P variable in an exploration.  What I want
to do is to create an explorer that will rank the following:

ROC(C, 30, %) of a stock / ROC(C, 30, %) of the S&P 500 index

Thanks again,
-Alex

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Alex
>

> > I have Metastock v7.03 EOD which doesn't have the security()
> > function.  Is there any way to create an explorer to rank stocks
> > based on relative % performance vs a benchmark (eg. 30 day ROC vs
the
> > S&P)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Alex
>
> You can create an exploration that uses the "P" variable to compare
> "marked" open chart to all the issues in your exploration. The "P"
variable
> can also be called using "INDICATOR"  which same thing - read the
manual for
> more information.
>
> If you wanted to filter your database against two (or more)
reference charts
> (sector indices or whatever) then you would need to save the
results of the
> first exploration, open the new chart and mark it, then run the
exploration
> again using the saved results.
>
> I use MS 7.03 EOD and the "P" variable all the time when back
testing an
> entire database of stocks. The only thing you need to bear in mind
is that
> the "P" variable will only call the CLOSE price from a standard
chart. To
> select (only) another price you would need to make your own
indicator and
> mark that instead of the main chart.
>
> Roy

DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/PdoN7C/pEZFAA/46VHAA/zMEolB/TM