Re: [Metastockusers] RS Ranking

Alex

> I have Metastock v7.03 EOD which doesn't have the security()
> function.  Is there any way to create an explorer to rank stocks
> based on relative % performance vs a benchmark (eg. 30 day ROC vs the
> S&P)?
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex

You can create an exploration that uses the "P" variable to compare a
"marked" open chart to all the issues in your exploration. The "P" variable
can also be called using "INDICATOR"  which same thing - read the manual for
more information.

If you wanted to filter your database against two (or more) reference charts
(sector indices or whatever) then you would need to save the results of the
first exploration, open the new chart and mark it, then run the exploration
again using the saved results.

I use MS 7.03 EOD and the "P" variable all the time when back testing an
entire database of stocks. The only thing you need to bear in mind is that
the "P" variable will only call the CLOSE price from a standard chart. To
select (only) another price you would need to make your own indicator and
mark that instead of the main chart.

Roy