[EquisMetaStock Group] 8.0 System Tester (was History of the Group)

This is a follow-up to the 8.0 system tester issue raised by Gary and
posted to the other MS list.  I'm posting the follow-up here since
there are Equis people who participate on this one.

In playing around with the System Editor in 8.0, I can't seem to get a
SAR (stop and reverse) to fill on the same bar.  For example, if I am
long and the signal occurs to exit and go short, the best I can do is
exit on the open on the next bar (which is how I have it set) and
enter the short on the open of of the bar after that (but only if the
bar after the exit maintains the short criteria - thus, the condition
for the short must stay true for an extra bar to enter it).  What I
want to do is have it exit the long and enter the short on the open of
the bar after the signal.

Here is what the help file has to say:

"Portfolio Bias You can instruct MetaStock to close all existing
positions for an existing bias (long or short) when an opposite
position opening order is placed. For example, if you want MetaStock
to close all short positions when it places a new long position,
select the Single option. If you want to let MetaStock place long and
short orders simultaneously, select the Multiple option."

"Position Limit Check this option to close any open positions before
new positions are opened. You can specify that only one position can
be open at a time, or you can allow up to 65,536 simultaneous open
positions by unchecking this box."

While the "Position Limit" seems to be the one to uncheck to get this
to work (and it does allow exits and entries on the same bar), I have
to rule this out because if you do that MS will continue to add to
your long (for example) position everytime a signal is generated (even
though you are already in a long position).

It seems like the "Multiple Option" should do the SAR correctly, but
it delays the other entry for one bar.

I also thought a work around for this might be to exit the long on the
close of the signal bar and enter the new position on the open of the
next bar (which is realistic in intraday trading but not EOD trading
due to overnight gaps).  However, this won't work because you can't
independently ask it to close positions on the close with zero delay
and open positions on the open with a delay of one.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Pring

--------------------------

> Anyway, in case anyone is interested, the discussion of the 8.0
system
> tester (the bias issue) was continued on the other list with an
> interesting answer from Equis support (especially for those trading
in
> both directions - long/short).  I guess it is probably best to be a
> member of both groups even though there is definitely
> overlap/double-posting.
>
> Pring

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM