[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metastock system test

Jeff,

Hope this one helps.

The "4% Rule", popularized by Martin Zweig, among others, states that
you enter the market after it has gone UP 4%, and exit the market
after it has gone DOWN 4%. This counter-intuitive rule is intended to
get you into (or out of) the big price moves. This is a good strategy
for a strongly-trending market, but a poor strategy for a sideways
market. The following formula uses the PREV function and is slow to
calculate onlarge amounts of data. The formula returns +1 in buy
mode, -1 in sellmode, and 0 before there is a signal.

{Zweig 4% Rule}
If(PREV = 1,
If(CLOSE < HighestSince(1,PREV <> 1,CLOSE)*.96,
-1,PREV),If(PREV = -1,
If(CLOSE>LowestSince(1,PREV <> -1,CLOSE)*1.04,
+1,PREV),If(PREV = 0, If(CLOSE>Lowest(CLOSE)*1.04,
+1,If(CLOSE<Highest(CLOSE)*.96,
-1,PREV)),PREV)))
{end}

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, "Jeff Henig" <jahenig@xxxx> wrote:
> MOM/MA is: when Momentum crosses above it's Moving Average then a
buy
> signal is generated.  Even better we can have it cross for two
> consequtive closes before we buy.  If anyone has any MS development
> kindly let me know.
> Jeff

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2310151.3725769.1980433/D=egroupweb/S=17
05

375617:HM/A=1226184/R=0/*http:/ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N879.ameritrade
.y
> ahoo/B1054521.11;sz=300x250;adc=ZHS;ord=1035278867?>
>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=219695.2310151.3725769.1980433/D=egrou
> pmail/S=:HM/A=1226184/rand=687528232>

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/auyVXB/KJoEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM