[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Fishing in the tech river

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> May take a bit longer before the tech's get hot again. Personally,
> I'd like to see those Bollinger Bands get even tighter.
>
> Nice chart! Thanks for posting. For everyone, could you explain
what
> is in each window?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Preston

A whole lotta stuff that I've found helpful over the years...

Price panel
  Dashed purple/green - 75/20 period regression channels

  Thick white/yellow/blue/red - MA (timeseries) 125/50/35/20

  Thin yellow/green/purple - channel lines
        yellow - modified keltner using a 20ma +/- 10 period tri ma
of a 5 period vol ma of the 1 period range
        green - standard boll bands
        purple - (a somewhat complex) channel based on a 5% variance
of NORMOALIZWD price

  Dotted gray - 50% & 100% ranges of the highest wrb for the last 22
periods
Panel 1

  Dotted green - Gann division of the (historic) range that lights
when price is close to a DOR area (& stays lit until price is close
to another)

  5/17; 5/35; 10/70 elliott osc overlayed on one another
  pink line - average of standard boll bands for the above

  solid gray histo/cyan line - volume/10 period vol ma of 5 period
median volume
   colored price bars based on Wyckoff flags -
              yellow - weak volu large price range
              red    - strong volu small price range
              green - strong volu large price range
              cyan - weak volu small price range
              white - everything else
Panel 2
  Yellow/white - Fish lines
  Colored boxes - Various trend measures starting with LT trend in
the first box, followed by 2 boxes for MT trend, 3 boxes for ST
trend, a candlestick indicator box, & finally a custom indicator
based on several factors including the wrb lines from the price panel
& a "leash" of the 32 period ema (price - 32 ema; when it reaches a
pos max for the last 15 periods, the box turns magenta, neg max, the
box turns cyan

Panel 3
9,1 Stochastic or Williams R with green/red <20/>80

Panel 4
11 CCI with green/red <-100/>+100

Panel 5
Colored histo is FourMacD (pink replacing yellow for visibility)
Thick white - 17/3 stochastic
Thin white - (fairly complex) smoothed RSI(14) using a modified
version of Ehlers that smooths by several mas including volume & tri

Each of these, of course, has a particular use; my main goal was to
provide a quick VISUAL view of trend & potential reversal areas. I
also have it setup with a price panel title bar, so that I can
enlarge the price panel & ignore the indicator panels (eliminates
alot of the clutter)

As far as how I use it all...it would take more than 1 post to
explain but I'm generally looking for moves between the wrb lines,
with other S&R areas like the various channel lines & particularly
the DOR line. In the previous ELX example, notice that a yellow price
bar (weak volu large range - a major Wyckoff flag) is approaching
major resistance from the top boll band, LR channel, & DOR indicator.
The FourMacD is showing pink (possible reversal, eventually) while
the Stoch & CCI indicators are continuing overbought. All of this
looks to me like its ready to reverse, big time.

OTOH, the top wrb lines are still pretty far away, indicating that it
could run to these areas & the fish line (that started all of this)
is suggesting possible strength. Also, the EW lines are saying we
might be out of a wave 5 down (in all time frames), so hence the
uncertainty.

I'll give the ELX play a little room but likely not much above the
next wrb line. As for a price target, looks like right around 11
would be a good exit...you never know, though

tob

> --- In equismetastock@xxxx, t obrien <tobtrade2001@xxxx> wrote:
> > FWIW seems kinda hard to believe given the weak volume, but a
> number of tech stocks are showing a "fish" line (Fisher
> Transformation) that's starting to run in parallel with its rising
> signal line...That's something that we haven't seen for several
years
> & implies that this might be something more than a bounce. Attached
> is ELX, as an example (Fish shown in second panel below price). Not
> closing my short yet but its starting to look like this move might
> have some legs...Guess a rising tide floats all boats, even leaky
> tubs like this. (btw, the last time ELX showed this pattern
> (August,2000) it moved from 20 to 110 in 6 months)

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM