[Metastockusers] Re: 4MACDean - rebuilding the Template for 7.0

Hi, Roy:

Apparently, Robin (in Italy) was able to get the EXE to expand
properly into 7.0, but had a similar problem with the template.
Actually, that's part of the reason that I posted the EXE and not the
DTA - I figured that the EXE might include some code that deals with
the legacy problem.

Re loading the template:
Do you know of so alternate means that I can save the graphic so that
it CAN be transferred?

All of the indicators used for the 4MACDean create multiple outputs,
to which different linestyles, colors, and thicknesses must be
assigned.  Pretty important, since each of the panes is VERY busy.

IMPORTANT QUESTION:  I know that 6.52 does NOT permit different line
colors, etc to be assigned to each of the plotted components of
formula.  Is that also true of 7.0?  If so, some significant surgery
is required in order to produce the graphic - a lot of small child-
formulae with separate FmlVar's will be needed.

I hope that SOMEONE out there (Robin, maybe?) will be able to
faithfully duplicate the templates in 7.0 to match the GIF, and then
provide that template for others' use.  It would also be possible to
do it in 6.52 ... but a lot of work.

I guess that I will go back into the indicators and add comments next
to each of the output variables to identify the linestyle, color and
thickness for each.  That should make it easier to rebuild.  Note
that it is VERY important not to change the sequence that the outputs
are listed in a given formulae.

Another important hint - when you first pull the indicator into an
empty black pane, use the default thin red line.  All of the
components can be seen separately.  Revise the color & style for the
dot-components of that display-set FIRST, and the bar-components of
that set LAST, so the bars do not obscure the other items as you go.
If for some reason all you see is bars when you first put the
indicator on the screen, you should first convert each of them to the
thin red line before applying the correct attributes.

I hope that helps!

I'll post a note once I have added the color comments to the formulae
in the EXE.

Jim

--- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx> wrote:
> Jim
>
> I would expect that the EXE file would extract OK, but where files
are in
> DTA format it's usually necessary to change the file name so that
the
> intended destination version number (or earlier) is contained in
the name.
> Therefore to exchange indicators, explorations, experts and system
tests one
> would need to include the appropriate two digit combination as part
of the
> file name - 62, 70, 72, or 80, as in MS70FORM.DTA
>
> The template is a different matter. I can't get your 7.2 version to
be
> accepted by MS 7.0, and I'm not sure what to try next.
>
> Roy

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/zMEolB/TM