Re: [Metastockusers] Re: 4MACDean - rebuilding the Template for 7.0

Jim

> Re loading the template:
> Do you know of so alternate means that I can save the graphic so that
> it CAN be transferred?

No, not yet. I'll have another look at it today

> All of the indicators used for the 4MACDean create multiple outputs,
> to which different linestyles, colors, and thicknesses must be
> assigned.  Pretty important, since each of the panes is VERY busy.
>
> IMPORTANT QUESTION:  I know that 6.52 does NOT permit different line
> colors, etc to be assigned to each of the plotted components of
> formula.  Is that also true of 7.0?  If so, some significant surgery

7.0 can plot different line colours OK. I haven't thought of a good reason
why the MWT file won't open (in 7.0) but I think it's the same situation
that makes any (smart chart) file unusable once it's been opened by a later
version of MS.

> I hope that SOMEONE out there (Robin, maybe?) will be able to
> faithfully duplicate the templates in 7.0 to match the GIF, and then
> provide that template for others' use.  It would also be possible to
> do it in 6.52 ... but a lot of work.

Rebuilding would be a lot of work I'm thinking. It might be the only way
round the problem, though, if someone has both 7.0 and 7.2.

Roy

> I guess that I will go back into the indicators and add comments next
> to each of the output variables to identify the linestyle, color and
> thickness for each.  That should make it easier to rebuild.  Note
> that it is VERY important not to change the sequence that the outputs
> are listed in a given formulae.
>
> Another important hint - when you first pull the indicator into an
> empty black pane, use the default thin red line.  All of the
> components can be seen separately.  Revise the color & style for the
> dot-components of that display-set FIRST, and the bar-components of
> that set LAST, so the bars do not obscure the other items as you go.
> If for some reason all you see is bars when you first put the
> indicator on the screen, you should first convert each of them to the
> thin red line before applying the correct attributes.
>
> I hope that helps!
>
> I'll post a note once I have added the color comments to the formulae
> in the EXE.
>
> Jim
>

> --- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx> wrote:
> > Jim
> >
> > I would expect that the EXE file would extract OK, but where files
> are in
> > DTA format it's usually necessary to change the file name so that
> the
> > intended destination version number (or earlier) is contained in
> the name.
> > Therefore to exchange indicators, explorations, experts and system
> tests one
> > would need to include the appropriate two digit combination as part
> of the
> > file name - 62, 70, 72, or 80, as in MS70FORM.DTA
> >
> > The template is a different matter. I can't get your 7.2 version to
> be
> > accepted by MS 7.0, and I'm not sure what to try next.
> >
> > Roy

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/zMEolB/TM