  To: <A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 1:39
  PM
  Subject: Re: Brian Bell's BWL
  Steve, Is this Amibroker code or Metastock code?
  Steve Karnish wrote:

    List, <FONT
    face=Arial>For the many that have asked for notes on Brian
    Bell's presentation...here's the high points (I
    think).: 1. The "Bell
    Warning Line" differs from Chande's VIDYA and Kaufman's Adaptive moving
    average
    a.  VIDYA and the AMA:  as the market speeds up, the indicator
    gets faster; as the market slows, so does the indicator<FONT
    face=Arial>    b.  BWL:  as the
    market speeds in a direction, the BWL slows down; as the market speed slow,
    the BWL gets faster <FONT
    size=-1>2.  In a consolidation, there are a lot of swing highs and
    swing lows...in a strong move, there are no swing highs or swing
    lows 3.  Finding a
    swing high:  Strength = 1:  There must be at least one lower high
    on each side of the swing high.  Strength = 2: There must be at least
    two lower highs on each side of the swing high bar. <FONT
    face=Arial>4. Count how many bars since a swing high or swing
    low has occurred. 5.
    The smoothing constant is inversely proportional to the number of bars since
    a swing high or swing low <FONT
    size=-1>6.  User specifies:  "StartSC" - the "starting smoothing
    constant" & "Sensitivity" - the "strength" of the swing high and swing
    low bars 7.  How to
    calculate the BWL: bsHigh
    = bars since swing (Strength)<FONT
    size=-1>bsLow = bars since swing low (Strength)<FONT
    face=Arial>p = min(bsHigh, bsLow)<FONT
    face=Arial>sc = StartSC / p<FONT
    face=Arial>BWL = (1 - sc) * BWL(previous) + sc *
    Price Wow, another lagging
    indicator that behaves similar to a 21 day simple moving average.
    Since the implementation of this indicator is totally subjective and it's
    not used as a timing device...personally, I can't find a use for it in my
    work. I hope I didn't
    violate the spirit of this presentation.  Brian is a real pleasant
    guy.  I think I have the calculations correct.  I took notes with
    a crayon and I spilled my gin and tonic on the handout he supplied....so,
    this is my best shot. Take
    care, <FONT
    size=-1>Steve<A
    href="http://www.cedarcreektrading.com";>www.cedarcreektrading.com