Re: Brian Bell's BWL

Steve,
Is this Amibroker code or Metastock code?
Steve Karnish wrote:

List, For
the many that have asked for notes on Brian Bell's presentation...here's
the high points (I think).: 1.
The "Bell Warning Line" differs from Chande's VIDYA and Kaufman's Adaptive
moving average
a.  VIDYA and the AMA:  as the market speeds up, the indicator
gets faster; as the market slows, so does the indicator
b.  BWL:  as the market speeds in a direction, the BWL slows
down; as the market speed slow, the BWL gets faster 2.
In a consolidation, there are a lot of swing highs and swing lows...in
a strong move, there are no swing highs or swing lows 3.
Finding a swing high:  Strength = 1:  There must be at least
one lower high on each side of the swing high.  Strength = 2: There
must be at least two lower highs on each side of the swing high bar. 4.
Count how many bars since a swing high or swing low has occurred. 5.
The smoothing constant is inversely proportional to the number of bars
since a swing high or swing low 6.
User specifies:  "StartSC" - the "starting smoothing constant" &
"Sensitivity" - the "strength" of the swing high and swing low bars 7.
How to calculate the BWL: bsHigh
= bars since swing (Strength)bsLow
= bars since swing low (Strength)p
= min(bsHigh, bsLow)sc =
StartSC / pBWL = (1 - sc)
* BWL(previous) + sc * Price Wow,
another lagging indicator that behaves similar to a 21 day simple moving
average.  Since the implementation of this indicator is totally subjective
and it's not used as a timing device...personally, I can't find a use for
it in my work. I hope
I didn't violate the spirit of this presentation.  Brian is a real
pleasant guy.  I think I have the calculations correct.  I took
notes with a crayon and I spilled my gin and tonic on the handout he supplied....so,
this is my best shot. Take
care, Stevewww.cedarcreektrading.com