RE: Brian Bell....ring a bell?

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Steve:
Could you please
take notes and post an outline of these adaptive indicators? Of course if you
have  secretarial skills you can post a complete verbatim report.
:))
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Thanks
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Lionel

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of Steve KarnishSent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 2:10
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
  metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Brian Bell....ring a
  bell?
  List,

  Tonight, I am attending my monthly
  MTA meeting (in Denver).  The speaker is Brian Bell and the topic is:
  Adaptive indicators:Old and New Tools for Trading.

  The invitation stated:

  "Brian Bell will explain what makes an
  indicator "adaptive", and  will describe some well-known adaptive moving
  averages, Perry  Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average and Tushar Chande's
  VIDYA indicator. He will also introduce, for the first time, the
  "Bell  Warning Line", a new adaptive indicator based on entirely
  different  principles  than  the  other indicators
  described."

  Ding Dong!  Sounds like fun.
  My questions are:  Does anyone know Brian (I could say hi for you or take
  along a ten foot pole...depending on responses).  Is anyone familiar with
  his work, indicators or seminars?

  I maintain that adaptive indicators are
  "losers" in mechanical approaches, but, a robust oscillator that has
  "adaptive" trigger levels is the key to "highway".  It sure
  would be nice to learn something new.

  Take care,

  Steve
  <A