  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 9:10
  PM
  Subject: Brian Bell....ring a bell?

  List,

  Tonight, I am attending my monthly
  MTA meeting (in Denver).  The speaker is Brian Bell and the topic is:
  Adaptive indicators:Old and New Tools for Trading.

  The invitation stated:

  "Brian Bell will explain what makes an
  indicator "adaptive", and  will describe some well-known adaptive moving
  averages, Perry  Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average and Tushar Chande's
  VIDYA indicator. He will also introduce, for the first time, the
  "Bell  Warning Line", a new adaptive indicator based on entirely
  different  principles  than  the  other indicators
  described."

  Ding Dong!  Sounds like fun.
  My questions are:  Does anyone know Brian (I could say hi for you or take
  along a ten foot pole...depending on responses).  Is anyone familiar with
  his work, indicators or seminars?

  I maintain that adaptive indicators are
  "losers" in mechanical approaches, but, a robust oscillator that has
  "adaptive" trigger levels is the key to "highway".  It sure
  would be nice to learn something new.

  Take care,

  Steve
  <A