RE: Free Statistics Packages

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Neo:
 Face to face
means putting one against the other tat is comparing them.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Lionel

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of neoSent: Monday, March 25, 2002 3:17 PMTo:
  metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: Free Statistics
  Packages
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>vis-a-vis seems to be an expression that it getting more popular. I
  thought it meant face to face. What does it mean? I do not understand what it
  means here.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  the
  vocabulary police  :-)

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
    owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
    Behalf Of Nicholas KormanikSent: Monday, March 25, 2002 1:58
    PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: Free
    Statistics Packages
    <FONT color=#0000ff
    size=5>
    One feature
    of that stats package I ended up liking is the 'matrix' graphing, and
    the 'brushing' and then 'masking' of 'outliers.'  It's a very unique
    and useful tool.  The only major problem is that once you spend all the
    time masking and fine-tuning your data vis-a-vis the graphs, ****you can't
    save**** the mask list --- when you quit that graphics module, you've
    tumbled the entire house of cards, and if you want to see it again you have
    to start over from the beginning.
    <FONT
    color=#0000ff>
    <FONT
    color=#0000ff>Nicholas
    <FONT
    color=#0000ff>

      <FONT
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
      owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
      Behalf Of Lionel IssenSent: Monday, March 25, 2002 10:58
      AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: Free
      Statistics Packages
      Doesn't Excel have enough
      statistical functions?

        <FONT
        size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
        owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Nicholas
        KormanikSent: Saturday, March 23, 2002 4:58 PMTo:
        metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: Free Statistics
        Packages

        That statistics
        package isn't all that easy to use.  It's sort of funny that it's
        intended for Third-World countries --- it's more suited for
        Stanford-types.  I downloaded it and played with it a bit, and
        returned to it later to play some more.  But I think there are
        likely many other stats packages that one would get a lot further with
        more quickly.  My primary stats package and spreadsheet program is
        Minitab --- it does almost everything that I want.
        <FONT
        color=#0000ff>
        <A
        href="http://www.minitab.com/";>http://www.minitab.com/
        <FONT
        color=#0000ff>
        <FONT
        color=#0000ff>Nicholas
        <FONT
        color=#0000ff>

          <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr
          align=left>-----Original Message-----From:
          owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
          On Behalf Of David JenningsSent: Saturday, March 23,
          2002 6:13 AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
          Re: Free Statistics Packages
          Mine request took a couple of days. The manual is over 400 pages
          long so don't expect to become familiar with it in 5 minutes. however,
          thus far quite impressed with the time series analysis etc.
          <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
            <DIV
            <A title=lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            href="mailto:lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>Lionel Issen