CD Check

Does anyone have a bright idea - apart from replace
my CD drive?

Metastock is wishing me to enter my CD for its
periodic check.  However, the CD drive it wishes to use is malfunctioning.
There are two others available to it of course. However the drop down box only
recognises the malfunctioning one.  If I enter the key code under lost
CD it will not accept it. Nor will it recognise the installation image on
another drive. Not surprisingly, the phone number given is unobtainable outside
of the US.