AW: momentum indicators, using also o-h-l

Here's what I have for the explanation of DMI:

'Chande's Dynamic Momentum Index
'DMI is a momentum index that uses a variable length (number of days)
determined by the volatility
'in price. If volatility is low, the calculation uses a long period. If
volatility is high, the
'calculation uses a short period.
'
'The number of days is determined as follows:
'
'Std5 = Standard Deviation of the Close over past 5 days
'AvgStd = 10 day Average of Std5
'V = Today 's Std5 / AvgStd
'TD = Int(14 / V)
'
'Note that if the Std5 is greater than AvgStd then V will be greater than 1
and Td will be
'less than 14. If Std5 is less than AvgStd then V will be less than 1 and Td
will be greater
'the 14. Td is limited to the range 5 to 30.
'
'Td is used as the period for calculating RSI ( Relative Strength Index ).
'
'Reference:
'Chande, Tushar S. and Kroll, Stanley.
'The New Technical Trader, New York: John Wiley, 1994.

HTH, Andreas