Re: AW: momentum indicators, using also o-h-l

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 06:27:39 +0100, you wrote:

>'Chande's Dynamic Momentum Index
>'DMI is a momentum index that uses a variable length (number of days)
>determined by the volatility
>'in price. If volatility is low, the calculation uses a long period. If
>volatility is high, the
>'calculation uses a short period.
>'
>'The number of days is determined as follows:
>'
>'Std5 = Standard Deviation of the Close over past 5 days
>'AvgStd = 10 day Average of Std5
>'V = Today 's Std5 / AvgStd
>'TD = Int(14 / V)
>'
>'Note that if the Std5 is greater than AvgStd then V will be greater than 1
>and Td will be
>'less than 14. If Std5 is less than AvgStd then V will be less than 1 and Td
>will be greater
>'the 14. Td is limited to the range 5 to 30.
>'
>'Td is used as the period for calculating RSI ( Relative Strength Index ).

Thank you much Andreas for posting the formulas for the time period
calculation of the DMI ! Should be easy for me to use them in Excel.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any formulas for the RSI itself in my
mail archive from this list. So, please, do you have also comparable
info on the RSI formulas? - Would be of much help ...
Then I could try to integrate o-h-l, and I'd be glad to post the
resulting formulas here, if someone is interested.

mfg rudolf stricker