Re: which Windows?

I just upgraded from W98 to W2K.  Same machine, but everything
is running much faster.  W98 was crashing a lot, I have W2K
also on my laptop and it has not crashed since I bought it
3 months ago.

I have heard that XP is a much bigger resource hog than W2K,
but I have not used XP so I can't say firsthand.

Be careful though, I did have several problems when I upgraded
(all related to drivers for hardware):
1. internal modem was not recognized, W2k did not even see
COM3 - fix:  was able to locate modem driver on a website
2. sound did not work - fix: located sound card driver on a website
3. I have a special multimedia keyboard, none of the special
function keys work - fix: NONE, the keyboard manufacturer has not
yet released a W2K driver... but this isn't a serious issue

Jeff