Re: Break out Trading Work Around

David

> A few months ago someone told me there may be a work around for the
> deficiencies
> of EOD Metastock in Break Out Trades ie being to get filled during the
days
> trading mid range for systems creating and testing .
>
> Does anyone have this fix if so what is it?

The 'Trade Equity' indicators and explorations do not provide a specific
"fix" as such for MetaStock, but create an equity curve where the entry
price can be any value between and including the days high and low. The
conventional entry method (MS compatible) uses a binary signal and the
selected entry price of O,H, L or C. The 'Stop' entry method (if selected)
uses a value spike of the desired entry price to give both the entry price
and entry timing. Exits work the same way. The indicators can manage a same
day entry and exit (e.g. buy on stop, sell on close), though the correct
equity price display is delayed by one bar, and two consecutive same-day
trades aren't permissible.

Trade Equity is not a panacea for all that ails MetaStock but it does show
that some problems can be addressed from within MetaStock rather than
requiring the use of add-on's and third party products.

The following thread at Stock Central will provide a little more
information,
http://www.stockcentral.com.au/forum/machine/Forum32/HTML/000286.html and I
am happy to try and answer all questions put to me.

Roy
rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx