Re: AIQ

Jack Griffin wrote:

> --- iamken <iamken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Metastock can easily create composite securities.  I
> > have not found a way to do
> > this in TS2000i.  The closest I have come is to
> > create an indicator by
> > subtracting data2 from data1.  But it's not the same
> > as a bar chart.
>
> It is pretty close.  You just need to use paint bars
> and you can plot it almost like an artificial symbol.

Can you expand on this please?  I thought paint bars were used to color
existing price bars.  Are you saying I can use paint bars to create what
amounts to a OHLC bar chart of a composite security so that I can plot
an indicator on it?  This would be nice.

>  >Both sessions can be
> > displayed, but not at the same time.
>
> This is sort of tricky, but I know a few people who do
> this.  You add a new symbol, call it DESM1.  (D for
> Day.)   Block out night sessions.  Then get
> dynastore/dynaloader to feed global server.  Only
> problem is that you double ES bandwidth requirements.

I'm not familiar with DS but it sounds like it is more flexible than
eSignal/Data Manager.  I can't see a way to to this with eSignal?  If
there is a way I definitely want to try it.  I'm limited to DBC's
symbols and symbol format.

> Thanks for all the comments.  I had thought MS had
> more things besides ease of use then 2000I, but it
> seems I am missing little (except that portfolio
> searching Dave pointed out).

Right.  Just depends on what your needs are.  I could easily use either
for my trading.  But TS has a HUGE advantage in language and testing
capabilities.   The majority of time I just use Metastock to trade
because I am more familiar with it and it is easier to use, imo.

Thanks for the input.
Regards.