Re: AIQ

--- iamken <iamken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Metastock can easily create composite securities.  I
> have not found a way to do
> this in TS2000i.  The closest I have come is to
> create an indicator by
> subtracting data2 from data1.  But it's not the same
> as a bar chart.

It is pretty close.  You just need to use paint bars
and you can plot it almost like an artificial symbol.

> MSK allows you to create different files from the
> same symbol in both RTH and
> 24hr session format.  I can display a chart of ESM1
> for the day session and at
> the same time display a chart for the 24hr globex
> session.  I have not found a
> way to do this in TS.  Both sessions can be
> displayed, but not at the same time.

This is sort of tricky, but I know a few people who do
this.  You add a new symbol, call it DESM1.  (D for
Day.)   Block out night sessions.  Then get
dynastore/dynaloader to feed global server.  Only
problem is that you double ES bandwidth requirements.

> In MSPro 7.03, if the realtime feed goes down I can
> use eSignal to patch holes
> in the data during the current session once the feed
> comes back.   With TS I
> can't do that.  Well after the market has closes I
> can however download intraday
> data HistoryBank.  Some TS users us Qfeed/dynastore
> and are however able to get
> on deamnd intraday data, but because of reported
> Quote.com reliability problems
> I am not going that route.  Perhaps there is a way
> to use eSignal to patch TS by
> first patching the hole in MSPro with eSignal, then
> export as ASCII, then import
> to TS.  But I have not explored that and it
> certainly has more steps involved
> that I would like.

Agreed.  Big flaw of TS 2000i.  Was fixed with TS Pro
however (but since you trade futures, you can't use
it).

Thanks for all the comments.  I had thought MS had
more things besides ease of use then 2000I, but it
seems I am missing little (except that portfolio
searching Dave pointed out).

Jack