RE: QP2.x Alternatives.

PowerInvestor screens fundamentals, PowerTech screens technicals.  I used
this about 2 years ago and found their data to be awful.

I don't think you can get PowerTech without purchasing PowerInvestor (that
was my experience two years ago so this might have changed).  And both
programs are separate - you can't screen fundamentals in PowerTech or scan
technicals in PowerInvestor (again an experience of mine that might have
changed in two years).

The scanning program in PowerInvestor was nice - a VB type application.  It
was very slow though and with the data problem was not very reliable.

As far as QP pricing structure goes - this change has been in place for
almost a year now.  Are you saying that you have a problem paying $7/month
($84/year) more than you were originally?  I've told you my experience with
AAII and you get what you pay for - QP is worth the extra $7.

As far as Lionel's post - while I agree that there has not been a more
active voice from tech support, I do not agree with his statement that it is
deteriorating.  While they do not answer all questions publicly on the QP
list (I have yet to see Lionel ask one public ally), I have found them to be
very responsive to questions.

Lionel said that he finds their responses to be "a bit snotty" and I would
ask for an example.  Maybe he received something privately, but I totally
disagree with him on this.

As far as TC2000 goes check http://home.earthlink.net/~jfritch/TC2000.html
for an evaluation.  John Fritch has some doubts about QP awhile back and did
some comparing.

This is just my opinion and as you can tell I am very happy with QP.  If you
are not there are other data vendors out there.  There has even been some
praise for Reuters from a very active QP user.

Again ... just my opinion,
Peter Gialames