Re: Confused

Steve,

I respect your views as a professional trader but beg to differ on this last
statement:-

> I repeat, even though I've had my own issues, over 14 years of use, MS
(EOD
> or Pro) is the best bang for the money on the market.  Show me something
> better and I'll buy it.

IMHO MS is the best charting tool in the business but as an all round TA
product there are products which offer considerably better value for money.

Consider for example AIQ Trading Expert Pro. This offers in a single package
(for less cost I believe):-

Structured database allowing sector and group analysis.
Powerful formula language & backtester.
Pre-built trading stratgeies.
Fundamentals.
Scanning and Reports.
Portfolio Manager
Quotes.
EOD & R/T data feeds.
R/T Alerts.
Matchmaker correlation analysis.

Please note I have no conection with AIQ - simply a user, as I am for MS.

IMO TA is no different from most other applications in that rarely is there
a single product which excels in all areas - it's therefore a case of
"horses for courses" and each user needs to determine which TA product, or
combination of TA products, will best serve their individual method of
trading. MS is excellent for eyeballing charts but for developing mechanical
trading systems, monitoring sector rotation, relative strength etc. there
are better products.

John