Re: Win2K and MS Pro?

Win2000 is supported starting with 7.02. I haven't run anything but NT
or Win2000 for several years, so I cannot compare to Win98. Overall, MS
is stable. There is, however, two cases where MSPro will randomly lock
up on me. (I'm running with eSignal)

the work space is restored). I now have MS PRO come up with no open
charts

2. More than a handful of charts open in Real time. MSPro runs out of
cycles on my 450MHz if I want it to update the charts with every tick.
Only by disabeling "Live Bars" does it work fairly reliably.

I actually suspect that MSPro have a bug in the multi threading code
that locks up. It appears more often on Win2000, since win2000's
thread-scheduler is much better than win98's.

Allan

--- Owen Davies <owen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's been a while since I had time to watch the list closely, so
> if this has been done to death when I wasn't paying attention,
> my apologies to all.  However:
>
> Suddenly, I need to replace a machine that died horribly
> when its power supply went bad.  Now that folks have more
> experience with running Metastock Pro under Windows
> 2000, does anyone know of any reason not to switch from
> Win 98 to Win 2000?  I've been running 7.02 and would
> upgrade at least to 7.03.  Not sure about 7.2 yet.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Owen Davies

=====
---