  To: <A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 6:05
  PM
  Subject: Re: Profit Stops
  In a message dated
  3/17/01 9:13:57 AM Pacific Standard Time, <A
  href="mailto:neo1@xxxxxxxxx";>neo1@xxxxxxxxx writes:
  <FONT color=#008080 face=Arial lang=0 size=4
  FAMILY="SANSSERIF">
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"
  TYPE="CITE">Any thoughts on this?<FONT color=#000000 face=Arial
    lang=0 size=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF"> <FONT
  color=#000000 face=Arial lang=0 size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">I like to move
  my stops closer as the profits get larger.  This allows me to have
  fairly wide stops at the beginning of a trade  (the wide stops at the
  beginning of a trade give a higher winning percentage) and then I try to
  maximize the size of my winning trades by moving the trailing stops closer
  so I give back less of the open profit.  This strategy is for trend
  following type trades.   For counter-trend trades I just use
  a profit target and when I see the profit I take it.  I have found
  that counter trend trades generally tend to produce profits in the
  neighborhood of 1.5 to 2.0 ATRs.  For trend-following trades I try to
  tighten up my stops after 4 ATRs of profit and then hope for more. I'm
  leaving for New Zealand this weekend to do a TraderCamp in Vanuatu with
  Dr. Elder so I probably won't be able to answer any e-mail messages while
  I am out of the country.  I'll be back in the office in April.
  Chuck LeBeau www.traderclub.com