Re: OT (sort of): on Internet Explorer problem ...

In a message dated 3/10/01 2:24:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vitaly-l@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< The key was a tiny free program called IEradicator
 (http://www.98lite.net/ieradicator.html) that removes (not restores an
 older version) everything but those parts of IE vital to OS functioning.
 Then I overinstalled Win98 from CD which automatically installed its >>

Hi:

Your post is real timely to me.
Since March 8,10:00pm till now I am having problem with IE5.0 not being able
to open several regular pages I open daily.

I usually go online with DSL line, then open aol window, also 3 copies of IE
for my chart,broker account, datek streamer.

The problem first started with I can go online but cannot open aol or ie.

After working with the dsl line service mar9 for the whole day, I can open
aol,IE, but IE cannot open all the previously working pages.

I have tried reloading, repairing, scandisk,defrag..,anything, you name it,I
have done it.

I have window95+aol5+ie5 for since they come out,has worked fine.

Is this telling me I need a new computer since the current one is about 4yrs9
months?

Thanks & have a nice weekend.