  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 8:21
  AM
  Subject: Re: downloader - Downloading
  from Yahoo

  Hi Bud,
  Thank you very much being so gracious and generous for
  detailing the Dtlink export function procedure. There are many list
  members,I'm sure,benefited from your market savy posts to this forum.For all
  that I salute you.
  Thanks very much again.
  Best regards,
  gordon
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
    -----Original Message-----From:
    Bud Fox <<A
    href="mailto:mingtao@xxxxxxx";>mingtao@xxxxxxx>To: <A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <<A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:
    Monday, February 19, 2001 6:47 AMSubject: Re: downloader -
    Downloading from Yahoo<FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>Hi.   Ref. using Dtlink to export Yahoo
    Historical and daily data.
    [1]  In PSM ( for DTLink) set up a
    portfolio you want, make sure the porfolio is highlighted at the
    bottom. [2]  Click on Portfolio,
    then scroll down to "new portfolio" <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[3]  Next, you want to "add" a stock/index, or
    fund that Yahoo has in it's file. <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>      So you go to "new"
    under the same cat. [4]  Once you
    have listed the items you want for download, You'll need "history.
    [5]   Under Portfolio, click
    graphs, then click history. Engage the dowload. <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[6]   Once you have done that, and it will be
    noted at the bottom left corner. <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[7]   Next, go to "file, click save as.
    her you'll usually use the portfolio name you have given it.
           Make
    sure you have it saved as  "Stk files" on the 2nd line below your title
    of the portfolio. [8]   Next
    'you want to export that file to DL (downloader) <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[9]   Next under file name,  save as "
    MS Hostorical ( ascii vol 100's) [10]
    do not turn off the PSM, now go to DL and then <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[11] click on "tool' then 'convert' <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>and that is pretty much it.<FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>
    You have now converted Yahoo to MS using the
    PSM to MS Downloader.
    Now do the same procedure for daily, except
    when you convert change the label marker history' <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>to daily, a couple of line above the history
    location.
    Good luck Henry Amand wrote:
    Most program's allow to export in some kind of
      ASCII format. These files you then have exported can again be imported
      using the downloader. That means you will have to do 3 steps to
      get data into MS. Startup DTLINK and download from wherever you
      want. Export into ASCIII (or some other compatible format) using
      DTLINK. Startup the downloader and import the files you just exported.
      Then you can use the files you have updated or created.
      That is the nice feature of that program called download center
      (dCenter) It works toghether with The Downloader so all you have
      to do is start up the downloader, click on download prices and the
      downloader will do the rest (through dCenter)
      It might not be the cheapest option ($54) but it sure is the
      easiest way i can think of :-))
      Greetings
      henry
      > From: "eugenefongdere" <eugenefongdere@xxxxxxxx>
      > Hi Bud, > Can you enlighten me the use of import and export
      function > of DTLink program with the metastock software.
      >>   Yes, it is a matter of clicking on export files in
      DTLINK and going to downloader >>   and using
      there export fucntion. >>    Bud
          Lionel Issen wrote:
               Bud: Does this
      software allow setting up a list of securities to update and to
      automatically export it into Metastock data files, or is it necessary
      to export the data for one security at a time and then import it into
      Metastock?Lionel Issen
      lissen@xxxxxxxxx