Re: downloader - Downloading from Yahoo

Hi Bud,
Thank you very much being so gracious and generous for
detailing the Dtlink export function procedure. There are many list members,I'm
sure,benefited from your market savy posts to this forum.For all that I salute
you.
Thanks very much again.
Best regards,
gordon
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    -----Original Message-----From:
    Bud Fox <<A
    href="mailto:mingtao@xxxxxxx";>mingtao@xxxxxxx>To: <A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <<A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:
    Monday, February 19, 2001 6:47 AMSubject: Re: downloader -
    Downloading from Yahoo<FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>Hi.   Ref. using Dtlink to export Yahoo
    Historical and daily data.
    [1]  In PSM ( for DTLink) set up a
    portfolio you want, make sure the porfolio is highlighted at the
    bottom. [2]  Click on Portfolio,
    then scroll down to "new portfolio" <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[3]  Next, you want to "add" a
    stock/index, or fund that Yahoo has in it's file. <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>      So you go to
    "new"  under the same cat. [4]  <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>Once you have listed the items you want for download,
    You'll need "history. <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[5]   Under Portfolio, click graphs, then
    click history. Engage the dowload. <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[6]   Once you have done that, and it will be
    noted at the bottom left corner. <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[7]   Next, go to "file, click save
    as.  her you'll usually use the portfolio name you have given
    it. <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>       Make sure you have
    it saved as  "Stk files" on the 2nd line below your title of
    the portfolio. [8]   Next
    'you want to export that file to DL (downloader) <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[9]   Next under file name,  save as
    " MS Hostorical ( ascii vol 100's) <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>[10] do not turn off the PSM, now go to DL and
    then [11] click on "tool' then
    'convert' and that is pretty much
    it.
    You have now converted Yahoo to MS using the
    PSM to MS Downloader.
    Now do the same procedure for daily, except
    when you convert change the label marker history' <FONT
    face=Arial,Helvetica>to daily, a couple of line above the history
    location.
    Good luck Henry Amand wrote:
    Most program's allow to export in some kind of
        ASCII format. These files you then have exported can again be
        imported using the downloader. That means you will have to do 3
        steps to get data into MS. Startup DTLINK and download from wherever
        you want. Export into ASCIII (or some other compatible format)
        using DTLINK. Startup the downloader and import the files you just
        exported. Then you can use the files you have updated or created.
        That is the nice feature of that program called download center
        (dCenter) It works toghether with The Downloader so all you have
        to do is start up the downloader, click on download prices and the
        downloader will do the rest (through dCenter)
        It might not be the cheapest option ($54) but it sure is the
        easiest way i can think of :-))
        Greetings
        henry
        > From: "eugenefongdere" <eugenefongdere@xxxxxxxx>

        > Hi Bud, > Can you enlighten me the use of import and
        export function > of DTLink program with the metastock software.
        >>   Yes, it is a matter of clicking on export files
        in DTLINK and going to downloader >>   and using
        there export fucntion. >>    Bud
            Lionel Issen wrote:
                 Bud: Does this
        software allow setting up a list of securities to update and to
        automatically export it into Metastock data files, or is it
        necessary to export the data for one security at a time and then
        import it into Metastock?Lionel Issen
                lissen@xxxxxxxxx