Re: Artificial Intelligence, expert and neural

Lionel Issen wrote:
>Jeff:
>A few years ago I read that the Bankers Trust of  NY was spending a mint on
>such things like neural nets, artificial intelligence and chaos systems.
>Last year the Deusche Bank bought them out and like many foreign companies
>they are very secretive, and wont give an outsider the time of day. So there
>is no way of finding out how successful these methods are.While current
>daily prices are available on the net,  charts are not.
>
>There was a recent book "The Predictors" about a group in the southwest (New
>Mexico?) who were/are successful at this trading in esoteric instruments. My
>feeling is that if they were very successful, they'd make someone like
>Buffett look like a penny ante player.

Lionel,
"The Predictors" is a book about "The Prediction Company".
They have a website at http://www.predict.com/ but you won't
find much there (yes, these companies are of course very
secretive because they don't want to lose any edge).
They are in Sante Fe, NM.
Jeff