Re: Pinnacle Data and CSI Unfair Advantage - opinions?

Guy-

Hi, I remember you from Compuserve. Maybe you should look at
Quicktrieve (another CSI product). Imo, it's worth working with for a
month or two to see if you like it - perhaps along side your data DL
and distribution routine. If you want to follow lots of data UA is the
way to go imo. QT is excellent for a handful of commodities. I'd rate
it PDG, but I don't remember it being as flexible in manipulating data
(building various continuous contracts, that sort of thing). I used QT
for years before switching to UA. Because of QT and UA I have
rarely (a handful of times over several years) ever had to touch the
DL. When I did it was usually trying to help someone in INVFOR or
EQUIS forum on Compuserve, both places I rarely go anymore. My
Compuserve account is about to be history too.

After using the same data provider for a very long time, switching
data providers is not something I have ever seen anyone do happily or
willingly, maybe because of inertia... sometimes it's just easier not
too. I think you would be surprised to see how easy UA is to use. I
personally don't think a file corruption is not that big of deal
really (someone mentioned the file structure was flimsy or something)
because with UA you can rebuild your charts whenever you want. It
takes awhile with a large number of contracts and files, but 15-25
contracts takes hardly any time at all.

Frank