Re: Pinnacle Data and CSI Unfair Advantage - opinions?

Guy-

1) Futures Magazine just published an article stating CSI had the
overall cleanest data of 10 vendors tested.
Of people I've talked too about "clean data" all have leaned towards
CSI being the best.

2-5) Imo, UA makes data maintenance almost effortless after the
initial setup. Getting and maintaining good data today is a vastly
easier, cleaner, quicker process than even 5-10 years ago. UA builds
almost any sort of continuous contract you want, it has enormous
flexibility. You can build all sorts of export routines.

Imo, it's worth giving it a shot just to try it out for 1-3 months. If
you can spend a lot of time with it early on I think you will be
impressed enough to switch, but choosing a data vendor is something
that for many comes down to 1) something very personal about trading
style and 2) getting over the inertia of changing providers. I have a
few trader acquaintances who just don't want to put the time into
changing, but complain about this gripe or that with their current
provider. We're all human. <g>

I've used CSI for a long time, so maybe some others will chime in. I
also have a high speed cable modem with direct internet access so my
downloads take about 15 seconds or less. Distribution takes a couple
of minutes or more depending on which night (which routines I am
running). This is a far cry from the time I used to spend dealing with
and maintaining data.

I've read this list for a while but haven't posted. It is quite a bit
cleaner (which I am glad to see) than the Omega list.

Frank