6.52 Patch won't install

I had installed the 6.52 patch couple of months ago with success.
After a crash(Win 95 B) I restored the registry and then I was back at
version 6.5.
Attempts to reinstall the patch fail after completing 19 %.
I uninstalled ,deleted all the related registry entries,reinstalled ...no way...
Also downloaded a new patch from the Equis site.....
Ms support suggested to buy the patch on CD.
It did not make much sense to me as it was once succesfully installed..
Appreciate any advice.

Demir