Re: adding company name to 6000 tic

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: adding company name to 6000 tic
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 05:25:03 -0700

See my previous posting on the newly  -in DL6.52a-  added <name> column for ASCII-files.
Subject: Re: converting ascii file
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:07:57 +0200

By adding the name-column into a file/file''s header, not only will there be a new security
created (each time if it did not exist before in your DL-database) but it will also
automaticaly get the name you have provided for it, in the <name> column on the same line.

Multiple will be achieved by letting each line start with data for another or new security
(note that the file's last lines should contain the most recent available dates, eg the
oldest date go at the top of file).

I haven't tested it as to what the DL's Convert-Tool will do, when a security already exists
for that same <now in the above example very well name-able> ticker.

Let us know how you went...

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying.