Jurik's book

Hi

Thanks for the email.

I was just thinking about LeBeau and Lucas' book
"Day Trading Systems and Methods" earlier this AM. LeBeau is often a
no-nonsense type of guy.

Anyway ... the bottom line for me is to buy from a store, place, whatever
that has return privileges. I try to read in the store (Chapters, for me) to
get a good sense of the book and even then I return about 75% of my
purchases. It takes the "performance pressure" off me to be "right" making a
good/wise/appropriate purchase.

Jurik's book I kept. Yep ... I actually paid hard earned cash for it and
went out and photocopied it so I could fill it up the pages with notes,
diagrams and expletives. (Those of us with learning disabilities have to
attack the text to get anything out of it. <G>)

It's a full spectrum book all the way from DiNapoli to serious work, so you
may only "identify with" a couple of chapters that are "bang on" your level
of development as a trader.

I have always liked Miner's web site. The free educational tutorials take
some time to work through. Beyond that, I'm not quite sure what else is in
the book. The code for many of his screens in the program are available
elsewhere, i.e., Linda, 1234, etc.

Ralph Vince's books ... I'll let others comment on. There's some confusion
in this area between risk management and money management. I think that it's
important to be clear what you are interested in.

Risk management for me, has more to do with the particular market
inefficiency and structural inefficiency that you are working with.

Money management for me, has more to do with personal stability, i.e.,
watching
fear and greed, how it arises in trading situations, and at what levels of
intensity. Different intensities require different remedies. Arms length ...
rational-logical solutions suggested for money management are usually pretty
good attempts at pain reduction. But investing/trading is a pretty messy
business that can get personal and painful very quickly.

Right now, I look for books, paragraphs, phrases, whatever that talks about
inefficiencies. Or in simple language ... "shows me the money". Most of the
stuff that I read, isn't showing me the money. Complexity or advanced math
is not an indicator of "showing me the money". Just more Ph.D. fresh meat
for the market.

Anyway ... thanks for asking. Let me know what you look at and what you buy.

Best regards

Walter