Re: Faster MS Win 6.5 Explorations Using Cache???

I haven't been using the DOS-version. My first encounter with MetaStock was
their 5.x demo and from that bought the more luxerous 6.0 and getting the
formulas exported from this 6.0 was then only a copy&paste job.

Later I realised that, by installing the TXT-printer driver and the HTML-printer driver
(both come free with the Microsoft Power Tools-set), enables me to print everything
to a file. This is also made possible, because I have installed each of these drivers
twice, eg 2x : <this is optional>
        -1x as a true Print to print-drivers (TXT+HTML) and
        -1x as a Print to file-drivers (TXT+HTML)
and from this, can then print to plain paper or to a (prn or htm) file on disk ("Save" command),
eg by choosing one of the above drivers to do the print-job for me, instead of using the
default printer (the "standard Win9.x default printer").

In my previous message I also mentioned the Remove-IT program that monitors the
changes made to the Registry quite well (on a new program installation) but must also
mention that it does not monitor all the file changes properly. On a latest installation I had
CleanSweep awakened and got it monitor this installation as well as Remove-IT.
The outcome is to best use both programs, as they produce additional reports.
(eg what is not recorded by Remove-IT is recorded by CleanSweep !!!!!)

The latest info on TAS is printed below (Doesn't look like there is a Windows-version available).
Note too, that there are 2 FlexSoft-websites, the one with the dash in the middle(flex-soft)
is for their other products (main). The one joint together (flexsoft) is for the TAS-program.

The system here doesn't usualy jump from signal to signal (that) so soon, but the latest positive
signal for the Dow Indu has already been reversed to negative:
Dow Indu -990524 -Negative
                   990617 -Positive
                   990622 -Negative
(from this, either it is building up strength for a powerfull break(to the upside), or it was a weak
and to (soon) premature break to the upside (and for the moment)..........

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying.

Technical Analysis Scanner from FlexSoft

FlexSoft provides products for the individual and professional investor to aid
in the gathering and analysis of stock market and commodity data.

-----------------------------------
TAS home
http://www.flexsoft.com/

Technical Analysis Scanner (TAS) is a program that lets you analyze your
price/volume historical data using technical analysis indicators and conditional
relationships to scan all, or a portion, of your data. TAS contains a profit tester
with which you can back test your historical data using nearly any trading strategy.
You can then determine how profitable your system would have been.

For information about Technical Analysis Scanner (TAS) Version 6
http://www.flexsoft.com/tas/brochure.html

TAS download
Click Here to Download TAS version 6.13 (part 1)
      ftp://ftp2.ba.best.com/web2/mmoore/ftp/tas/tas613.zip
Click Here to Download TAS Runtime libraries (part 2)
      ftp://ftp2.ba.best.com/web2/mmoore/ftp/tas/tas6xx.zip

TAS details
http://www.flexsoft.com/tas/

scripts and formula examples
http://www.flexsoft.com/tas/examp1.html

more examples
ftp://ftp2.ba.best.com/web2/mmoore/ftp/tas/examples/

For information about the Y2K update to TAS
http://www.flexsoft.com/tas/y2k.html

FlexSoft Y2K Update Information
TAS will be updated to support the Metastock update for Y2K date formats.
Internally, TAS will be modified to support dates beyond the year 2000 as well.
These modifications will be completed in the June/July 1999 timeframe.

The changes required to support the new Metastock format, and internally, to support
the new millenium are somewhat extensive.

There will be an update charge to defray the cost of making the modifications.
The update will be available on this site for download.

At this time, there are no plans to update PTT 3 to support the Y2K.
If you are a PTT user, and will continue to use it, please send email to FlexSoft.
mailto:ptty2k@xxxxxxxxxxxx