Re: Hard Disk Backup

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:32:41 -0500, you wrote:

>I want to thank everyone for the thought provoking discussion on backups.  I have two computers, two phone lines and to different ISP's
>that I'm on during the trading day.  Both computers are networked with eithernet cards and coax cable and use Win 98 networking.  It
>takes me 8-10 hours to do a complete backup of both systems to tape (Colorado T3000).
>
>After reading the discussions, I backup my main computer (K6-300) to my backup computer's  (K6-200) E-drive using MS Backup. I did not
>know you could use it to backup to disk.   It backed up 1.3GB of data in 27 mins over the network.  I'm impressed.  I backed up the
>K6-200 to the K6-300 in 30 mins.  What a trip.  My hat's off to you all for the idea.

I don't know, but my incremental backups take less than 5 minutes,
tops. I only back up last changed files....

However, once a month I do a total backup, and that takes a loooong
time.

Using Valitek 500 meg 1/4" tapes via SCSI port.

Do you actually back up the WHOLE drive each day?

-= Chris ß =-
Using MetaStock/FastTrack/FastRUBE/FastTools/EZPnF/TC2000/PSM