Weekly Pick

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Not a good week, but not a real bad one
either &lt;G&gt;.&nbsp; My portfolio was down just a little and I again had
several changes.&nbsp; I did close my IOM and PMRY positions Tuesday.&nbsp; I
also opened my DELL and SCH positions, but never opened a CTI position as it
fell below the channel without hitting the buy stop.&nbsp; With 20/20 hind
sight, opening those positions in the large caps last week may have been a
mistake.&nbsp;&nbsp;SCH closed below my stop Friday, so I'll close that position
Monday.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Looking at the indices, I'm beginning
to believe that Guy's sell signal may be for real &lt;G&gt;.&nbsp; Guy, have you
gotten that confirmation signal yet?&nbsp; The DJI index fell through the bottom
of its Intermediate Term Up Trend Channel (ITUTC) Friday.&nbsp; The OEX, NYA,
NASD, and SPX are all still in Horizontal Channels (HCs) after breaking through
the bottom of their up trend channels a week or two ago.&nbsp; That
leaves&nbsp;the RUT as the only major index I&nbsp;follow that's still in its
ITUTC and even it is in a sideways move within that channel.&nbsp; I don't know
if this means more sector rotation from the large caps to the small
caps,&nbsp;&nbsp;a correction in everything, or if its just a fake out before
the summer rally.&nbsp; However, I do know that I'm going to watch my stops
carefully and I'm not going to add any large cap stocks in the near
future.&nbsp; In fact, I'm going to avoid new U.S. stock positions altogether
for now.&nbsp; To help protect against the possibility of a correction in the
U.S. market, I'm going to invest about 20% of my portfolio&nbsp;in&nbsp;foreign
markets and if I'm stopped out of anything else, I'll just sit on the cash for a
while.&nbsp; Since it's hard to get information in individual foreign stocks,
I'm going to just play a country or area using the AMEX traded WEBs.&nbsp;
Looking at the WEBs I had a hard time deciding among Japan, Malaysia, and
Singapore.&nbsp; I finally decided to delete Singapore due to the mainland China
influence and put about 10% of my portfolio in Foreign Fund Malaysia (EWM) and
10% in Japan WEBs (EWJ).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; EWM at 6 3/4 gapped up Friday and
broke out of a Short Term Down Trend Channel (STDTC).&nbsp; I established a new
MetaStock standard deviation Short Term Up Trend Channel (STUTC)&nbsp;with the
top at 7 3/8 and the bottom at 5 7/8.&nbsp; Since this position is a hedge
against the U.S. market, I'm&nbsp;not going to set a target and I'm going with
the deviation set at 2 to give me a somewhat loser stop under the bottom of the
STUTC.&nbsp; Last October EWM broke out of&nbsp;a down trend that had been in
effect ever since the&nbsp;WEB was created.&nbsp; I got a StochRSI buy signal
just before that and it is still in effect.&nbsp; Since then EWM has been zig
zagging upwards with two higher highs and two&nbsp;higher lows and is&nbsp;close
to setting another new higher high.&nbsp; Giving the recent publicity on the
Asian markets finally getting over their woes, this has the potential for a good
move.&nbsp; I'll open a position Monday morning.&nbsp; I want it to run, so I
won't set a target, but will set a stop at&nbsp;5 3/4.&nbsp; Since this is a low
priced WEB, I'll move my stop up in 1/2 point increments instead of my usual 1
point increment.&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; EWJ at 12.563 is in a STUTC with the
top at 12 5/8 and the bottom at 11 7/8.&nbsp; It has a very&nbsp;chart that's
shaped exactly like EWM's chart.&nbsp; However, if anything, it is even a little
stronger recently with gaps up twice last week and breaking out to a new 52 week
high Friday.&nbsp; I also got a new StochRSI buy signal on it Tuesday.&nbsp;
I'll open a position Monday morning and for the same reasons mentioned above,
won't set a target, but will set my stop at 11 3/4.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'll send EWM.GIF and EWJ.GIF charts
to everyone on my email list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>JimG</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sun Jun 13 14:58:44 1999