Re: excel-files

  • To: "Leo" <leo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: excel-files
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 18:09:15 -0400 (EDT)

I have received 3 files:
-Emaster
-Master
-C1.mws

But now there is (are) 1 or 2 files missing:
-for certain the corresponding C1.dat
  (this file contains the actual data for security X12040)
-and perhaps also the C1.dop
  (depending on your setting in The Downloader for "maintain *.DOP files")

Have noticed from looking into the saved Smart Chart, eg the C1.mws,
by using QVP, that you were using the "C:\test" as your working folder for
this Excel-conversion testing and then naturaly you will find these missing
file(s), eg the C1.dat (and C1.dop), right in that test-folder.

Since you were using the C:\test folder, I have also converted your Excel-file
(the Rmtest.xls), eg now after re-adjusting the file so that it only held
the data columns for the X12040 security and saving it to a C:\test folder here,
eg so that I was also able to use your Smart Chart (C1.mws), eg if I did not
use the C:\test for the folder's name+address here (on my computer), it would
naturaly not open and only produce an error "cannot find base-security".
This reference to the C1.dat-file is hidden in the C1.mws-file.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with the C1.mws (X12040) or the data
(but then again, I created the Excel datafile off of your above mentioned and
described what I have done, Rmtest.xls file).

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying.