Copying Base Security to Additional Inner Windows

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Copying Base Security to Additional Inner Windows
  • From: "Nicholas Kormanik" <nkormanik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 17:03:59 -0400 (EDT)

Please advise on the following problem.....

BACKGROUND:  I wanted to set up a template clearly showing Bollinger Bands
for a stock.  I highlighted the base security, and, using the ctrl key and
mouse, slid up the base security prices and copied these into four new inner
windows.  I then applied different Bollinger Bands to each of these (as well
as the base security at the bottom), using periods 8, 13, 21, 34, 55,
respectively.

The result looks great.  The bottom, with the 8 days BB, clearly looks
different from the next one up, and that looks different from the next one
up, etc.

I followed this one stock for a few days.  Not sure how to interpret what I
was seeing.  But it was a pretty graphic.

PROBLEM:  Well, I wanted to look at **another** stock.  For starters I
figured I'd just use alt-right arrow, to bring up the next one in the
folder.  To my surprise, the base security changed, along with the
accompanying Bollinger Bands, however the inner windows above remained the
same with the **first** security.

So I saved things as a template.  I cleared everything.  And brought up a
different security.  And then tried applying the BB template.  Same thing
happened -- different security in base security inner window, same original
security in upper inner windows.

Whew!

SOLUTION?:  Am I just not allowed to have several copies of the base
security in a template?  I really don't want to have all those BBs
cluttering up the same inner window -- I'd like to have each in its own
window.  Any other solutions you can think of?

Thanks,
Nicholas