Re: How to check emails for virus?

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: How to check emails for virus?
  • From: "Glen Wallace" <gcwallace@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 11:48:18 -0400 (EDT)

>>SNIP<
> but I now appreciate the continual scan from NAV 5.0 (4.0 will not detect
> the non-viruses such as happy99) especially with the number of attachments
> I receive.

I use Norton AntiVirus for Win95 2.0 (the same as or older than, I think,
NAV 4.0) and with Autoprotect activated and up-to-date virus definition
files, it will detect the "Happy" worm when you attempt to execute the file.
But not on downloading your e-mail, like NAV 5.0.  Nice feature, and
probably worth the upgrade price.  I just wish the listservers would
disinfect e-mail *before* they redistribute it.