Re: Reuters Data "Service"

>What do you say Reuters? ... John

Equis, as a fully INDEPENDENT OF REUTERS subsidiary, is a Reuter's
daughter company and runs this RTD-service singly.
The RTD service therefore is not run by the also independent operating parent
company Reuters Ltd., or any of its other subsidiaries, and that is the main
and only reason why you will not ever get a responce to your plea
from Reuters Ltd..
By sending it to the Metastock-List you are (currently, see below) at the right
address, but you are also addressing it to the wrong company.

I also would suggest to Equis to have a seperate Trend Datalink Service mail-List
be made available for users' (often urgent) mails on the RTD-Service subject, not
only since this is the MetaStock List and not the Equis-List or the RTD-List, but
also and especialy that the mail-senders (your RTD service subscribers and users)
are quite frequent (and then temporarily) "left swimming in a great deep ocean" of
software problems and also as the download distortions seem to happen so
frequently at your end (why not have proper back-up systems running alonside, like
as is elswhere used at airports, hospitals, banks etc.).
At least with a seperate List you are then able and should be capable to inform
on time (and that's also a great service to) your subscribers and users, eg
right on time (=on the spot, in this so very important) what is happening to their
paid service, and what they, the RTD subscribers and users, (c)should do to improve
any download sessions at their end and what you, the Equis' RTD service, are doing
at that moment to improve the service, eg resulting in on time informing users on
what type of actions you are than undertaking either for the service in general or
as well for the at that moment present breaches in customers' download linkages.

This is not flaming at anyone, either for forwarding any RTD "cannot download"
messages to the MS-List, or Equis' responses to them (and as we can always hit
the delete button), but as I for one can symphatise with those who are not getting
the right (data) service, eg ESPECIALY were it is my (or your) vital daily data
is concerned. Software problems on the Service-end are, in this, are no excuse.
A seperate functioning back-up sytem is nowadays always on hand and is also
used by many dataproviders.

Also the way (eg frequency) that the "not being able to download" messages are
coming to the List also puts off any (potentialy) users in Europe(or elsewhere), eg
current users or potentionaly users that want to find a reasonable and reliable source
for their daily data (RT or EOD), and as such currently only the parent Reuters Ltd.
is known throughout the world for its reliability (eg the News service).
Then, with the Internet as a very reliable accessing tool and communications vehicle,
Europe(or elsewhere) is only next door, and also a very large market (Real-Time and
EOD), with such an enourmous potential users-army (also for MetaStock !!!) , enough
for Equis-RTD to be considdered serving, but than also properly, eg the service, availablity,
reliability and pricing will surely have to improve first will it become matured and stable
and attractive, eg for a succesfull European launch to also become a succes.

And with the new, soon to be introduced Win2000Pro operating system's new feature of
switching the users default program language by clicking one(1) button only, eg
switching from the German to English language or viceversa switching from English
to German language (or any other language, even Hebrew or Arab or Japanese
or Chinese writing and all this with clicking 1 button only) the above mentioned total
potential RTD or MetaStock user-army covers all of the entire world(s languages).
And with this new multi-languaging option, by Microsoft called Unicode, any program
software file's "language" conflicts will be history as well then(see attached gif).

Unicode - Design a Single Unicode App that Runs on Both Windows 98 and
Windows 2000 (by F. Avery Bishop)
Windows 2000 is scheduled to ship a multilanguage version. This version will alow
users to change the user interface of the system itself. In support of this feature, there
will also be a handful of new APIs for querying information such as the current user
interface language.
"Windows 2000 is expected to have the best international support of any Windows
operating system to date, not only with universal enabling for all supported languages
currently internationaly available, but also by its support of multiple user interface
languages.
Windows 2000 is planned to include support for new scripts through Unicode only, the
new multilingual user interface APIs (API=application programming interface),
a multilanguage version of Windows2000 Pro and the ability to give Arabic and
Hebrew apps a two-way right-to-left RTL (RTL=right-to-left) language writing orientation
on any variation of Windows 2000 (this article assumes you're familiar with
International Windows)."
http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0499/multilangUnicode/multilangUnicode.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0499/multilangUnicode/multilangfig05.gif
(source: Microsoft System Journal - http://www.microsoft.com/msj/
 (vol 14 - no 4), April 1999)

cc- Equis suggestions  suggestions@xxxxxxxxx

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying.