Re: Back testing values

Rick,

".......That said, your EOD data provider really should default to
reporting the
> close from the stock's primary exchange

===I checked with BigCharts, Yahoo, Bloomberg and they all reported the
"composite price".  Only my broker Brown & Co. showed the correct price.

Time limitations will thus dictate your trading universe be limited to a
> manageable number of securities that can be regularly verified manually.
====
This is very true.  I would like to increase this universe to afford myself
more opportunities, but I simply cannot devise a method to download and
scan 1000's of stocks.  I do well to follow 250 stocks and really
understand the movements of about 30 that I can actively trade.

".. I think most trading systems fail because people don't realize they are
only
> trading their beliefs.."
======
I agree totally.  It seems to me that so much time is spent in analysing
the markets rather than trading the markets.  I learned from trading the
bonds and currencies the past 6 years that if I had a belief and/or
conviction about the markets I was fair game.  If I traded the market as
the market presented itself, I made money.

But my original question is still unanswered.  How much of this EOD data is
different from the actual trading price and how do different traders handle
the testing of systems and development of systems when the data has such
descrepencies.

Thank you,

Al Taglavore