Re: MA channels

<x-html><HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Hi,
<BR>I should explain that I do, most, of my trading end of day , buy or
sell happens at the opening price, shorting stocks its not my bread, sometimes
I go this way but only when I'm sure to have the time to follow my Real
Tick connection all day long, then&nbsp; I'll buy/sell covered warrants
call/put for intraday trades. My portfolio can change very fast, the average
trade being 7/13 days, but some trades are going on by more than one year,
few very good, the rest bloody errors, as we say "hope is the last to die".
<BR>1&deg; step: when I've got an entry signal I do open a small trade
with, suppose, 10 shares; this way gives me room to apply a loose stop
loss ( usually around 5 to 10 %, depending on the behavior of the stock
I am working with) to the first step,&nbsp; to try many signals appearing
good and if wrong to keep the losses small.
<BR>2&deg; step: target price its reached, buy other 10, and move the stop
loss to 25/50% of the profit coming from 1&deg; step.
<BR>3&deg; step: target price reached, buy 30, bring the stop loss at 25/35%
of the profit coming from 1&deg; and 2&deg; step.
<BR>At this point I wait for signals of exhaustion / inversion or stop
loss targets, if the chart or the market, oftentimes only my guts, tell
me to reduce then I close the 30 shares position, then close a 10 position
and then close the last position. If&nbsp; closing the 30 position was
wrong, well I'm still on the market with 20 shares but at the first bad
signal I'll close it.
<BR>Well that's all, open a small trade on good signal, double it when
confirmed right, more than double when the trend its established, then
reduce 60% when the trend starts to slow down, reduce another 50% if it
doesn't adjust well or it becomes more shaky, close it if it turns real
bad. For me, sometimes, a slow down or a lateral setting of the trend its
enough to close the trade completely, especially when some other stock
starts to give good signals.
<BR>Would you describe your way of trading? What the differences are?
<BR>Best trading.
<BR>G.G.

<P>Linda Swope wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;Hi,&nbsp;I can read Metastock list messages,
but for some reason I can't figure out, I can't reply to the group.&nbsp;I
trade stocks in a similar manner that you described.&nbsp; What do you
mean by:&nbsp;the market goes my way giving more weight to my position
( entry steps -
<BR>1/1/3 - exit - 3/1/1 or just close it, if signals are real bad-) ?&nbsp;What
are the 1/1/3 and 3/1/1 steps?&nbsp;Thanks!

<P>Linda
<BR>linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<BR>Climb the mountains &amp; get their glad tidings: Peace will flow into
you as sunshine into flower; the winds will blow their freshness into you
&amp; storms their energy, &amp; cares will drop off you like autumn leaves.
John Muir 1838 - 1914&nbsp;&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;

<P>--
<BR>--End--

<P>My wife keeps complaining I never listen to her&nbsp;&nbsp; ...or something
like that. ;-)
<BR>&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>