De: A.J. Maas <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
Para: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assunto: Re: Download Convert
Data: Sexta-feira, 2 de Abril de 1999 17:22

Run the "Convert" Tool:
-click "Tools|Convert" on the WorkMenu or click the "Convert"-button on the
button bar

Basicaly in "Convert":
-type for the Destination Folder your MAIN folders' address (drive+path)
-leave the Destination File blanc (for Metastock as File Type this field is
always Not Active, eg greyed out)
-click "Convert|Options" to go to the "Conversion Options" Dialog Window
-then on the Destination-TAB:
        1. if the destination files already excist:
                  -Apply the Option for "Traverse Destination Folder"
        2. if the destination files do not already excist:
                  -Apply the Option to "Create New Files"
                  -Apply the Option for "Traverse Destination Folder"

Note that for the sub-folders, the names "A" to "Z" are not the required
names, eg the folders' names can be set to anything
as easy as "folder1" and/or "folder2", but for easy and better
compatability
reasons + results, best is to limit the folder name
use to 8 positions only, eg keep the name down to no more then 8
alphabetical characters.

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxx

Conversion Options Dialog

The Conversion Options dialog consists of two pages: one for specifying the
Source file options and the other for specifying the Destination file
options.
Choose Source from the Conversion Options dialog.  This page is used to
specify options for the conversion of the source file.
Date Range.  Type the First date and Last date for the range of data you
want to convert.  Choose the Use today's date checkbox so the Last date box
will always contain the today's date (by default).

Message Limits.  Type the number of Maximum errors and Maximum warnings you
want to receive when converting the data.  This has no effect on the
outcome
of the conversion--it is strictly for informational purposes.  See Convert
Error Messages for a complete list of error messages.
Periodicity.  Choose the Periodicity of the source file.  If the source
file
type is MetaStock or CSI, the periodicity check boxes are disabled.
Minutes per bar.  If you have chosen Intraday for the periodicity, you must
specify the Minutes per bar setting of the source file.  For example, if
the
source file is an intraday, 5-minute file, then type "5" in the box.

Traverse source folders.  Check this box if you want all folders beneath
the
specified source folder to be included in the conversion.  For example,
specifying "c:\MetaStock Data" would cause all security files in
c:\MetaStock Data\stocks, c:\MetaStock Data\futures, etc. to be converted.
This option is often used when converting TC2000 data (see TC2000 File
Conversion).  If the source file type is MetaStock or CSI, this checkbox is
disabled.
Choose Destination from the Conversion Options dialog.  This page is used
specify options for the creation of the destination file.

If file exists.  Choose "Append data to end of file" if you want to append
the source file to the end of the destination file.
Choose the "Replace matching dates" box if you want the source file's dates
to replace the matching dates in the destination file.
Choose "Replace existing file" if you want the converted source file to
replace the existing destination file.
Include open and open interest.  Choose this if you want the MetaStock
destination file to include fields for open and open interest.  The
MetaStock format can have either five data fields (date, high, low, close,
volume) or seven data fields (date, open, high, low, close, volume, open
interest).

Create new files.  If this box is unchecked, new security files will not be
created in the destination folder.  The data in the source file will only
be
appended to or replace existing files (depending on your selection).
For example, suppose you have an ASCII file with thousands of different
securities and their prices, and the MetaStock security files you want to
append this data to are scattered across numerous folders.  You should
deselect the "Create new files" checkbox so that new files are not created
for securities that don't exist in the destination folders.

Traverse destination folders.  Choose this checkbox if you want converted
data to be stored in the folders beneath the specified Destination folder.
For example, specifying "c:\MetaStock Data" would cause all the security
files in c:\MetaStock Data\stocks, c:\MetaStock Data\futures, etc. to be
written to during the conversion.
If a file to which the converted data can be appended does not exist in any
existing folders, a new folder will automatically be created beneath the
specified Destination folder.  The newly created folders are named "A",
"B",
"C", "D", etc. corresponding to the first letters of the converted
securities' names.  This option is used when converting FutureLink data
(see
FutureLink File Conversion).

Notes + Extra Options:
One specific folder. If you need the converted data to be stored in only
one
specific folder, then leave this Traverse destination folders box
unchecked.
Export dates with 2 digit years.  Choose this checkbox to export the dates
in the source file with two digit years (i.e., 98 rather than 1998), rather
than with millennium-compliant four digits.  This may be necessary if you
are using the exported data with computer software that is not
millennium-compliant.
Fields to output.  Choose the output fields you want to include in the
destination file.  Output fields cannot be specified if the destination
file
type is MetaStock.