RE: CMO & Cocoa

Hi Steve,

> Most oscillator-based systems "rip your heart out" trading
> against the trend.  This one doesn't and I'm not bright enough to
> understand why.  This is not the Holy Grail, but it has allowed me to
> upgrade from paper plates and cups to a really high quality plastic.
>
> Steve Karnish
> CCT

Thanks for the information and the very interesting chart. Do you have any
insight on using the Chande's Momentum
Oscillator for equities?

Although I don't trade futures, for what it's worth, just today, April 9th,
Jon Kaplan @
http://www.goldminingoutlook.com/

says,

BUY COCOA: For cocoa, the traders' commitments for April 6, 1999, released
on April 9, 1999, showed commercials long 48,087, short 38,094; speculators
long 5,398, short 14,859. On Friday, May cocoa edged down to a new 5-year
low of $1073, just above its February 1994 nadir of $1071, before reversing
to settle up $19 at $1098.

And also of note, he says,

On Friday, April 8(9?), 1999, the P/E ratio on the S&P 500 hit an all-time
intraday high of 35.83 before closing up 0.12 at 35.76.

James Wolf